How to Avoid Cultural Faux Pas in New York City
If you've ever lived in New York City, you'll know these are some fatal cultural faux pas tourists often fall foul of! If you're planning on visiting the great city and fancy a smooth reception, pay attention dear traveller.
1. Don't call it the "Big Apple"
2. How to ask directions
3. Don't steal cabs
4. Street first, avenue second!
5. If you're in New York, and it's pizza, it's NY-style pizza!
6. Come on guys, leave a tip.
7. Get your Metrocard ready BEFORE you get to the turnstile
8. Stand on the right, walk on the left. Always.
9. The subway isn't the best place to make a friend in NY...
10. You can't dance in bars! Blame the 1920's
11. Who loves ya baby?
If you're from New York let us know if there's anything we missed on Twitter #NYCfauxpas
And don't forget to share if you agree!